Summer is here, and it’s damn hot. Too hot. I’ll be spending my time, not outside in this scorching heat but working on various game titles I really want to finish before I restart university in late September.
It’s the perfect time to get those projects you’ve been planning all academic year underway or turning existing projects into the finished product. Most of the budding developers I speak have various excuses when it comes to starting or finishing a project.
– Doubting your own skills.
– Don’t know where to release it.
– Don’t want to do it alone.
– Not an artist/programmer
– Too many ideas. Yes sometimes a bad thing
– Framework/engine options
– No motivation, you want to do it, just tomorrow. That was last week.
Most of these are easily solvable and in the next 3 posts I’ll address ways to overcome these issues. In the mean-time, check out this presentation about the possibilities developing for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.